Stuck for Valentine’s Day gift ideas for your geek? Here’s some ideas to help you out without the flowers and chocolates.
1. For the kid at heart, geek toys are a unique and playful way to show you care. We especially love this floating shark to surprise your geek!
3. For the working man, this 8-bit tie will definitely stand out at the office.
4. For the technologically-inclined, this crafty external hard drive (made of recycled NES cartridges) is practical and looks fantastically retro.
5. For the role-player, dress up for a special night in. Just choose your love’s fandom crush (such as Princess Leia) and be creative!
1. For the for the animal lover, a butterfly in a jar is beautiful – especially when the butterfly is electronic. This humane gift will bring a bit of spring to the cold winter months.
2. For the musically-inclined, mix tapes may be a thing of the past but you can create a modern version using a USB key. Fill the USB with favourite geeky music and wrap it up in a nice box for your partner.
3. For the fashionista, geek themed original clothing/jewellery. A classic idea with a geeky twist, like this skirt for the literature geek.
4. For the television lover, this plush kitty inspired by The Big Bang Theory brings geeky and adorable together in a one-of-a-kind gift.
5. For the original geek, a geek coupon book can be as expensive, detailed, and original as you wish. This handmade gift will be the perfect custom-fit idea for your partner. Coupons could be for anything from a movie date (she gets to choose the film) to a promise to agree with her on a fandom argument, despite what you may actually think.
For the Couple
To set the mood, lightsabre candlesticks. Need we say more?
For the PDA lovers, these Zelda Hearts t-shirts light up when your partner is around, raising your heart meter for all to see. A perfect declaration of love.
For the gamers, why not spend the night bonding over nostalgic games from your youth? You can do so with this retro NES/SNES system. Games come separately.
For the competitive couple, marshmallow shooters are the best way to solve arguments, release energy, and have some fun. Well, second best thing.