With Valentine’s Day is around the corner, I thought I’d bring you some romantic inspiration that puts chocolates and teddy bears to shame. Source of inspiration: some of my favourites from the silver screen. (Warning: spoilers ahead!)
5) Fill her entire front yard with her favourite flower (Big Fish)
If you’re reading this list in search of legitimate ideas, this is as close as it’s going to get.
4) Defeat seven evil exes (Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)
If scrawny, little Scott Pilgrim can do it, you too can take down a vegan telekinetic, a half-ninja and other evils.
3) Give her the most amazing library ever (Beauty and the Beast)
We love books. (Note: We’re all publishing students.)
2) Create an illusion of her death and frame her evil suitor (The Illusionist)
Because when she’s trapped by an evil crown prince, this is what you must do. Conjuring her up out of air for an audience during a magic show is optional.
1) Give up your immortality (The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring)
What Arwen does for Aragorn in this epic trilogy finale is the ultimate gesture of true love. (If this is not possible, at least give her an Evenstar necklace.)
Did I miss any of your favourites? Let me know in the comments below!